One of our key commitments in our Policy on Sustainable Palm Oil is to ensure our palm oil and refined products can be traced to their origin – initially to the palm oil mill but ultimately to the plantation. Our commercial team works closely with our sustainability team to achieve our Group’s traceability targets through active engagement with suppliers.


We own and operate 2 refineries, 18 palm oil mills and 4 kernel crushing plants. The names of these refineries, mills and kernel crushing plants are listed here. The crude palm oil (CPO) used at our refineries are mainly supplied from our own palm oil mills, with a relatively small portion (approximately 14% in 2021) purchased from third-party suppliers. All our own mills source fresh fruit bunches (FFB) from our nucleus and plasma plantations. Ten of these mills (as at end 2021) source from third party plantations as well.


TRACEABILITY TO MILLS


For CPO and palm kernel (PK) to be considered traceable to mill, First Resources requires the company name, parent company name, mill name, mill address and geographical coordinates of the supplying mill. In the case that any part of this information is missing or incomplete, CPO and PK volumes from that particular supplier is treated as "untraceable". This does not mean that we do not know the source, but rather they do not fulfil the traceability criteria.


Since 2017, we have maintaned 100% traceability to our supplying palm oil mills. The 2021 traceability report of our refineries and kernel crushing plant are as follows:

1. PT Adhitya Serayakorita - refinery and kernel crushing plant, please click here.

2. PT Ciliandra Perkasa - refinery, please click here.

3. PT Swadaya Mukti Prakarsa - kernel crushing plant, please click here.

4. PT Ketapang Agro Lestari - kernel crushing plant, please click here.

5. PT Citra Agro Kencana - kernel crushing plant, please click here.


All our third-party supplier mills source FFB from their own plantations, with some purchasing FFB from third party suppliers as well. In 2021, we sourced approximately 12% of CPO and PK from 15 third-party supplying mills that source from their own plantations and/or third-party suppliers.


For the first half of 2022, we continue to maintain 100% traceability to all our supplying mills. The traceability report for January - June 2022 of our refineries and kernel crushing plant are as follows:

1. PT Adhitya Serayakorita - refinery and kernel crushing plant, please click here.

2. PT Ciliandra Perkasa - refinery, please click here.
3. PT Swadaya Mukti Prakarsa - kernel crushing plant, please click here.
4. PT Ketapang Agro Lestari - kernel crushing plant, please click here.
5. PT Citra Agro Kencana - kernel crushing plant, please click here.


TRACEABILITY TO PLANTATIONS


Of all the FFB processed in our own mills in 2021, approximately 86% came from our own plantations and plasma schemes, while the remaining 14% was sourced from third-party FFB suppliers. These include independent smallholders, medium-sized outgrowers and neighbouring plantation companies. FFB is also purchased from local dealers who collect FFB from the surrounding area.


In 2021, we achieved our target of 100% traceability to plantations for First Resources-owned mills. Going forward, we aim to achieve 100% traceability to plantations of the third-party CPO and PK suppliers we source from.

 
Sustainability Policy

  

Certifications

  

Environmental Management
• High Carbon Stock
• High Conservation Value
• Peat, Soil and Water Mgmt
• Zero Burning Policy
• Greenhouse Gases
• Integrated Pest Mgmt
• Waste Mgmt

  

Community Engagement
• FPIC
• Smallholder Partnership
• Community Development

  

Supply Chain
• Traceability

  

Employee Relations
• Employment Practices
• Occupational Health & Safety

  

Sustainability Reports

  

Grievance Procedure
• Grievance List